Gbeti gaius Kafui
I dream of a land of love.
Am alone walking on it with a hearty smile.
When i woke up all i see are tide of darkness crawling on me like a snail.
Loneliness beget me just like the ironwood in the desert.
My dreams were in chain like the tadpole.
I was in delima.
My thoughts became rootless like the mushroom.
My motives on my loved ones were deemed evil.
My ideas to make my loved ones happy became i torn in my own flesh.
I dream of an angel who whispers about you.
I dream he told me what to do.
I wanted to break the falsehood surrounding me.
I want to free myself from the fate of hard luck and heartlessness.
i wanted to direct my vision to the lord of host.
But i cant question his integrity.
My fate is in his hands.
Let me be crucified because i chose your happiness over mine.
Let them hurt me.
just because i know the truth that hurt every heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My fate by Gbeti gaius Kafui )
- Leaves in Colors, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Never Give Up, Lilly Emery
- sterilization process of our modern system, Anthony Cavuoti
- Kopje onder, Madrason writer
- five past three, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Trapdoor, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
- Be What You Are, Lilly Emery
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns