Gbeti gaius Kafui
I dream of a land of love.
Am alone walking on it with a hearty smile.
When i woke up all i see are tide of darkness crawling on me like a snail.
Loneliness beget me just like the ironwood in the desert.
My dreams were in chain like the tadpole.
I was in delima.
My thoughts became rootless like the mushroom.
My motives on my loved ones were deemed evil.
My ideas to make my loved ones happy became i torn in my own flesh.
I dream of an angel who whispers about you.
I dream he told me what to do.
I wanted to break the falsehood surrounding me.
I want to free myself from the fate of hard luck and heartlessness.
i wanted to direct my vision to the lord of host.
But i cant question his integrity.
My fate is in his hands.
Let me be crucified because i chose your happiness over mine.
Let them hurt me.
just because i know the truth that hurt every heart.
Gbeti gaius Kafui's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My fate by Gbeti gaius Kafui )
- Moisture, Chideraza Lowell
- Bharatheeyakavitha, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Not A Sound, Tango Tango
- - People? - (Haiku), Joe Muschaweck
- 男人赋, qin xing
- Genetic Predisposition Towords Violence, Is It Poetry
- Wild Is The Churning Of The Winds, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Honesty, Nassy Fesharaki
- Do Not Be Serious, Kumarmani Mahakul
- 24/7, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)