Gbeti gaius Kafui
I dream of a land of love.
Am alone walking on it with a hearty smile.
When i woke up all i see are tide of darkness crawling on me like a snail.
Loneliness beget me just like the ironwood in the desert.
My dreams were in chain like the tadpole.
I was in delima.
My thoughts became rootless like the mushroom.
My motives on my loved ones were deemed evil.
My ideas to make my loved ones happy became i torn in my own flesh.
I dream of an angel who whispers about you.
I dream he told me what to do.
I wanted to break the falsehood surrounding me.
I want to free myself from the fate of hard luck and heartlessness.
i wanted to direct my vision to the lord of host.
But i cant question his integrity.
My fate is in his hands.
Let me be crucified because i chose your happiness over mine.
Let them hurt me.
just because i know the truth that hurt every heart.
Gbeti gaius Kafui's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My fate by Gbeti gaius Kafui )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- In my head., Jessica Amburgey
- Groove Of A New Sound, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Depths Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 185, John Westlake
- Wash over me., Jessica Amburgey
- Martin Chuzzlewit, douglas scotney
- Love Note 18, Michael P. McParland
- A Rest 2, Michael P. McParland
- Loving Free - Falling, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Poor Child's Born with a Start that'.., Norman Jin Shyr Wang