Gbeti gaius Kafui
I dream of a land of love.
Am alone walking on it with a hearty smile.
When i woke up all i see are tide of darkness crawling on me like a snail.
Loneliness beget me just like the ironwood in the desert.
My dreams were in chain like the tadpole.
I was in delima.
My thoughts became rootless like the mushroom.
My motives on my loved ones were deemed evil.
My ideas to make my loved ones happy became i torn in my own flesh.
I dream of an angel who whispers about you.
I dream he told me what to do.
I wanted to break the falsehood surrounding me.
I want to free myself from the fate of hard luck and heartlessness.
i wanted to direct my vision to the lord of host.
But i cant question his integrity.
My fate is in his hands.
Let me be crucified because i chose your happiness over mine.
Let them hurt me.
just because i know the truth that hurt every heart.
Gbeti gaius Kafui's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My fate by Gbeti gaius Kafui )
- 'Samantha', Mpho Tsakata
- They do as they want, Nassy Fesharaki
- Oh, Dani, Mr. Spock
- The Day Will Come, Mitta Xinindlu
- Unrequited Love, Amber Carr
- Easy It Is To Forget, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Loving Is A Wish, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- just done, Rachelle Langley
- You Sheep I Blame, Rocky Wolfbanger
- Additament Amour Apier, Louis Borgo
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)