My Little Yellow Bird.
My lovely little yellow bird,
So soft and cute
Lost in a stormy night,
I cannot find you,
O' my little lovely bird -
Where have you vanished?
Don't deceive me in this way
I'll die beside you.
Why did you come to me
With so much splendor and beauty,
You hijacked my heart and soul
In a moment without notice.
Now again you're lost out
In the vast open sky,
No where can I find you
After that stormy night.
From pillars to posts, in days and nights
I'm searching for you,
Being alienated since I have lost.
I'm very lonely without you.
I'll keep you within these two arms
And embrace with a kiss,
I'll hold you so close and firm
That you can never go again.
O' my little yellow bird
Don't wander around
Come back and cool my heart
I'm only waiting for you.
Amitava (7.5.2014) 7-00 am
Amitava Sur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Little Yellow Bird. by Amitava Sur )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Oh My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- The actor and the witness, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Possessive of God, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The forbidden ritual, Mark Heathcote
- WHEN ON ME THEY CANNOT FEED, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Fragility, Akhtar Jawad
- Reading History and Thinking of Today (S.., Luo Zhihai
- Tough Love (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- We Did Not Choose To Be, But We Are (Qu.., Cynthia BuhainBaello
- THE REALITY, Cynthia BuhainBaello