My Little Yellow Bird.
My small little yellow bird,
So soft and cute
Lost in a stormy night,
I cannot find you,
O' my little lovely bird -
Where have you vanished?
Don't deceive me in this way
I'll die besides you.
Why did you come to me
With your splendor and beauty,
You hijacked my heart and soul
In a moment without notice.
Now again you're lost out
In the vast open sky,
No where I can find out you
After that stormy night.
From pillars to posts, in days and nights
I'm searching you,
Being alienated since I lost you.
I'm very lonely without you.
I'll keep you within my two arms
And embrace with a kiss,
I'll hold you so close and firm
That you can never go again.
O' my little yellow bird
Don't wander around
Come back and cool my heart
I'm only waiting for you.
Amitava (7.5.2014) 7-00 am
Amitava Sur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Little Yellow Bird. by Amitava Sur )
Did you read them?
- Left Naked And Exposed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Birth day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- TWILIGHT, Meggie Gultiano
- Morning prayers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Favorite Quote, Nautica Moxley
- Building Bricks, Jude Ogunade
- A Hydro Odyssey, Patrick Czyz
- Salvation, Earth And Sadness, Tony Adah
- Perspective, Patrick Czyz
- flesh to flesh, jaquesha webb
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)