My Scattered Thoughts iii
I run into the wild noise of the world around
when get troubled by the pangs of this stormy silence...
suffering from the deafening of ears
to the melodies of the spheres around,
I pity myself
though I've always been holding a placard against self-pity...
why is soaring high so difficult
especially when heels are deeply dug
into the fine dust of broken dreams?
Mild pain is the vital sign of life!
can any of my multiple selves tell me what do i want?
For making my tomorrow fearless
I keep on watering fears in my Present, so I know it,
a moth of peace striving against the storm-currents, but
is the diagnosis cure?
do not let my warmth exhale
as I don't want to turn into a stone-cold being please!
I suffer in the desire of not to suffer any more, in any way...
what i wish, gets inside out and upside down...
a true anarchy!
let me stay as remorseless God!
today You are not away from my mind,
not even for a second, (the consolation enough!)
though no better image can reflect
out of vacant stares meaningless...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
do i make any difference?
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Scattered Thoughts iii by Shahzia Batool )
(13-7-31 (see reverse))
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Bull Hawking
Emily Jane Brontë
(30 July 1818 – 19 December 1848)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- The Innkeeper’s Wife, Clive Sansom
- ALWAYS ON MY MIND, Stanley Oguh
- Wicketkeepers, Quir Diing Jr.
- u want? Watch 'Divergent' Free Online St.., ada ajakaunak
- Le Déluge, Alfred de Vigny
Poem of the Day
- The Miraculous Escape of Robert Allan, t.., Max Plowman
- The Battle of Sheriffmuir, Max Plowman
- General Gordon, the Hero of Khartoum, Max Plowman
- Limerick-73, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- MOTHER, KASINIVENTHAN MUTHURAMALINGAM
- The Monkey, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Krampus, Ima Ryma
- For My Love, Sandra Feldman
- I love To Run, Patrick Sant
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL