RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Sitting in the shade of a beautiful old tree, writing,
listening to Bach on my Walkman, watching shadows dance
and jump about from the corner of my eye.
Lively, anticipating the coolness blowing across my face,
seeing the beauty conquered by nature in wonderful splendor.
Voice of nature blends in with the music of Bach, helping
to create poetry, holy and sacred within.
Operatic voices, singing to music in Italian, totally
refreshes my mind and leaves me feeling very peaceful.
All the world has disappeared as I write and become one
with my little inner universe.
There are no interruptions here, no demands or questions,
being myself for fractious moments in time, filled with awe
and wonder, much like a little child.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nature's Opera by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- A Touch of Fall, Rhonda Trull
- AMISS, Gina Borrebach
- Geleefd, geliefd, verzonken, Madrason writer
- That coming Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Set of Compromises, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Fundamental Fruit Of The Soul, Romella Kitchens
- Facebook (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Lover Mother Lover, stephen ifill
- Event Horizon, Terence Murphy
- Cruel faces, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- How Attractive Are You, Shaun Shane
- Daffodil, Shaun Shane
- 06 Perpetual Optimism, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 03 a love who's just like me, Shaun Shane
- what i am, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)