The madness is almost over,
just a few days remain;
then we all can start anew,
and play again, the same refrain.
New Year's resolutions,
are gone in a few weeks;
will this be the year,
that new roads we will seek?
Stay on the path forever,
do not waver to one side;
we must face the truth before us,
and longer can we hide.
Face the facts before us,
grab the truth and hold;
forget the many lies,
that since youth, we have been told.
Rise above the mundane life,
that we now are leading;
stop the flowing wounds,
cauterize the bleeding.
Shake the old, begin the new,
become the one you want to be;
bury the old self in the past,
the one that none need see.
David Lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (New beginnings. by David Lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- SCARRING, Satish Verma
- you not a good being, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- The Invention of Streetlights, Cole Swensen
- teenage pregnancy, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- Emerge into one, hasmukh amathalal
- do you still remember?, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- The Power Holders, ali chukwuemeka
- what is love?, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- If a Garden of Numbers, Cole Swensen
- In your language, gajanan mishra