* Not Anguish
Frozen hearts in concrete cities
Abound today. Of little importance it is
If one is alone. It is not anguish
That speaks thus: It is not anguish which
Lost in explication, deciphers the definers,
The dreamers, the poetry writers.
Poems, not anguish, write themselves.
Words chart the course of lives. Expression
And depression are episodes that fly
From a mullioned window in haste
Like a myriad bats in the mulberry sky.
What makes a bard a bard? What makes
The night writer write? Life swallows
Emotion like a quick gulp of wine.
In diurnal rhythm, nocturnal notation;
Nothing from something. Creation,
Not for I the anguish and the pain.
Jumbled thoughts, a cloudy night
And a winding, long, lonely lane.
Rani Turton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (* Not Anguish by Rani Turton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To You, With Love, Fareez Nasir
- For smooth sailing, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Genuine respect, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Let go of my wrist!, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A sweet dream..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- She is I, Shweta Nair
- Poetic Sleeping Habits ~there are none, LUVinThe NOW
- Passing No Judgement, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- An odd adventure...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Falling Leaves, RoseAnn V. Shawiak