RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Crisscrossing patterns flowing through my mind.
Interweaving memories which were scattered inside.
Closer together - traveling in the same space of time
for a short while.
Latching onto each other like pieces of an old broken puzzle.
Coming close - edges ragged and torn - trying to fit together
Bringing the past to mind - giving itself room to form a complete
puzzle - making everything one piece - totally - almost done.
Filling in blank spaces, slowly, emerging from a fitfull nightmare
of the past - finally waking up to live life as myself.
Nothing haunting me, I laugh at pain - the sorrow that once had
made me lost - made me sorrowful.
On the threshold of a new life - my own - possibilities are open -
nothing can fence me in.
My mind has been opened by myself at last.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Patterns Crisscrossing by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Sonnet: Life Looks Strange, Dr John Celes
- The Real Me, Margaret Alice Second
- kiss me hardy, george albot
- When Will I Wake, Anirudh Rawat
- Silencio en ingles, Donnie Wolff
- Our Lewd Obscene and Vulgar Episodes, Hamid Vitalis
- Life, Anirudh Rawat
- If You Stop Loving Me, Fatima Nusairat
- Rain And The Shadows, Anirudh Rawat
- Beautiful Girl, Anirudh Rawat
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1644 - 1694)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)