Pink Pyjama Party?
Now what would you think,
Of a party all pink,
With pink iguanas,
Dressed in pink pyjamas.
Guests as big as an elephant,
Their size quite irrelevant,
As long as they've the right hue,
Just remember dyes are taboo.
Their skin must be real,
To join in our meal.
The frogs can eat slugs,
And all kinds of bugs,
Like the dragon millipede,
Which is dangerous indeed.
Would it be so shocking,
When flamingoes come flocking?
Do you think I'm shallow,
To eat only marshmallow?
We'll set you a place,
If you have a pink face.
'I think, ' said a dolphin called pinky,
'This is all rather stinky.
We may look quite bizarre,
But colour is not who we are.
Our skin is only one part,
Look at others hearts,
And get to know their minds,
Then you'll find,
That it's best to be kind.
Tell everyone alive,
They can just arrive,
With their own sort of jive.
The more different their dance,
The better to enhance.
Teach us something new,
Follow a different avenue.
What might seem strange,
Can help us to change.
A party for all,
Would be a ball.'
Stephen Katona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Pink Pyjama Party? by Stephen Katona )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Madhushala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Don't Worry, You Have Me, Kevin John Racaza
- The Beach Of Shells, Edward Shanks
- New Bloom..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Ten Years After Tsunami 2004, Umasree Raghunath
- A Little Air, Kevin John Racaza
- जिद्द............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Unblind and a Blind Man, Luo Zhihai
- चादर तेरे प्रित की............., sanjay kumar maurya
- family visit, oskar hansen
- Thank the love gift me the verses by Ra.., Yuri Starostin