RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Playing While Waiting
Enjoying peace and quiet of a Tuesday morning, sitting outside in the early sun, writing to my heart's content.
Filtering rays touching me softly as I play the piano in my mind.
Satisfying myself, I play as I write, taking literature to new heights never experienced before.
Talent climbing ever higher into realms not explored or met on earth's horizon.
Silently discovering every atom sent my way as nature walks beside me, aiding my quest for adventure and risk-taking.
Becoming my poetry even as the music plays it's melodies to be written to.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Playing While Waiting by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Inner Peace, Leong Ming Loong
- God! ! man, SALINI NAIR
- ABSENCE OF LOVE, Ali Faisal
- Black Friar, Naveed Khalid
- She looked a million dollars, Erato
- From the Lives of My Friends, Michael Dickman
- WHENEVER A LIFE IS TAKEN, Ali Faisal
- VALUE OF LIFE, Ali Faisal
- For Some Slight I Can't Quite Recall, Ross Gay
- Surf song, Roann Mendriq
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)