R.Gamzatov- Persia - translation (rus.)
by Rasul Gamzatov
in translation into russian by Ya.Kozlovsky
While being in Iran in spring
Three women there I've been meeting
And everywhere. One was in
A veil swaddled all up to her feet.
The praise to beauties were berhymed
By poets for thousands of years here.
I've asked: 'Hanum, whose face are secret to the others, who are you? '
The answer was: 'I'm Persia.'
The other woman had a veil,
From where you could see the pearls
Of teeth in lips red frame,
As Moon in zenith, covered all
With white clouds she floated.
I've asked then: 'Who are you, Hanum?
What is your name, darling? '
She answered: 'I'm Persia.'
The third one had the feet precise,
Such beauty in the samshit statue lies.
And when she swarthy, openly smiled
To me, I thought: 'Oh, how nice! '
She was such handsome, pretty-looking,
And breast were bold exposed rather.
I've asked her: 'From Paris may be you, ya? '
'I'm Persia.' Such was the answer.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (R.Gamzatov- Persia - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- The Purple Ant, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears of Eyes Speak The Truth, Rohit Sapra
- Goose bumps / song, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns