RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Sands Of Eternity
Dark places, hiding on a carousel, taunting with it's silent
mystery and bright lights.
Forgetting to be careful, rushing into black corners before
Causing a myriad of hesitant thoughts to rise to a troubled
Stamping out tapes and recordings going around in my head -
head falling downcast upon my shoulders.
Slowly walking, keeping step with self, looking for nothing,
because no one can give what they have not inside.
Turning away from compassion and caring, drifting onto sands
Sensing the darkness of life closing gently about me.
Shoulders draped with sorrow's tears, unable to be held
together through all the strife.
Casually strolling down a quaint pathway, choosing to walk
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sands Of Eternity by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- MAGICless, Suburban Lovechild
- Buds Of Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- quiet in the library, lee fones
- If my shoes could talk, Maverick Jones
- All That I Know, Suburban Lovechild
- I Remained Silent, Lilly Emery
- They touched My Shoulder, Buxton Shippy
- The Outcast, Maverick Jones
- COLORS الالوان, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- dont mess with granny smith, lee fones