RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Sands Of Eternity
Dark places, hiding on a carousel, taunting with it's silent
mystery and bright lights.
Forgetting to be careful, rushing into black corners before
Causing a myriad of hesitant thoughts to rise to a troubled
Stamping out tapes and recordings going around in my head -
head falling downcast upon my shoulders.
Slowly walking, keeping step with self, looking for nothing,
because no one can give what they have not inside.
Turning away from compassion and caring, drifting onto sands
Sensing the darkness of life closing gently about me.
Shoulders draped with sorrow's tears, unable to be held
together through all the strife.
Casually strolling down a quaint pathway, choosing to walk
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sands Of Eternity by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley