RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Sands Of Eternity
Dark places, hiding on a carousel, taunting with it's silent
mystery and bright lights.
Forgetting to be careful, rushing into black corners before
Causing a myriad of hesitant thoughts to rise to a troubled
Stamping out tapes and recordings going around in my head -
head falling downcast upon my shoulders.
Slowly walking, keeping step with self, looking for nothing,
because no one can give what they have not inside.
Turning away from compassion and caring, drifting onto sands
Sensing the darkness of life closing gently about me.
Shoulders draped with sorrow's tears, unable to be held
together through all the strife.
Casually strolling down a quaint pathway, choosing to walk
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sands Of Eternity by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- God Knows, Galina Italyanskaya
- 'Samantha', Mpho Tsakata
- They do as they want, Nassy Fesharaki
- Oh, Dani, Mr. Spock
- The Day Will Come, Mitta Xinindlu
- Unrequited Love, Amber Carr
- Easy It Is To Forget, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Loving Is A Wish, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- just done, Rachelle Langley
- You Sheep I Blame, Rocky Wolfbanger
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)