RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Sandwiched Between Emotions
Damaging inner space, crying, filling it with crystal tears
at the thought of past memories.
Lost and forsaken upon a desert land, no tether to hold on
to, no hand to reach out to in a lonely specter of sand,
free of castles and pretend notions of imagination.
Sandwiched between emotions, not able to get out from them
and be free to choose another life's beginning.
Soundlessly living lies, brought on by a mother's past
mistakes, no judge nor jury, just blame placed upon a child
for a sin that was never hers.
Bottled up inside, wrecking havoc with reality, not able to
see beyond her mother's recalcitrant behavior through the
Yet, she has aged, grown old with a sensory perception of
herself at times as whole.
Still shaking like a child within, still filled with anger
for something she never did to deserve all the pain she's
had in her life.
Little Rose, a grown-up child, still seeking answers,
wanting to know why she's been put through hell for all
these years on earth.
(10: 17 p.m. - 2/20/11)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sandwiched Between Emotions by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Disagreeing With Care, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Outer Limits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Keep simply cool, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -31, Ronjoy Brahma
- Folds Of Death, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- hey dipstick, this is for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Time - I know not, gajanan mishra
- Poetry is For Lovers, Cheryl Griffith
- The Darkest Side - Darkpalm21, Mark Clement Joseph S. Ferre ..
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -30, Ronjoy Brahma