First you make me smile, then you make me laugh
You need never ask, yeah, you make me tough
Though this road I chose is a little rough
Knowing you're with me, is more than enough
You look at me as if I'm your sister
So that makes you my older brother
But who cares? It doesn't matter
We're not related so why bother?
When I'm with you, I feel like a princess
Well, don't get me wrong, I'm not obsessed
It's just that you make me feel so priceless!
That's why when you're not around, I feel depressed.
You're the first person to make me feel this way
No wonder I'm afraid that one day you'll go away
Though I want you to forever stay
These memories will one day be a part of yesterday.
You once told me about this girl, remember?
You said she's unique, she's like no other
Yeah, I listened…But I wished I was her
Though I know she's a thousand times better
You remain by her side despite rejection
I was amazed with that ‘thing' you called affection
You still followed even to the point of deception
You didn't notice, right? I was there as your cushion.
You never blurted it out, but I know you're in pain
Of course it hurts! Still you waited in vain
You keep asking the same question; I said "it's not lame,
But when friendship ends, things will never be the same."
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (our story by nijhako dibo )
- Submission of Poem, Vera Sidhwa
- The Hungry, Randy McClave
- You are not changed, ramesh rai
- The Poet called Light, Light Mark
- Stripes, Mike Acker
- Rocks like Milky Ways, Mikey Bachman
- Opportunities, Peter S. Quinn
- We Should Be Glad, Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)
- An Agreement To End Stupidity, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- On the other side of known reality, Gert Strydom
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)