Scripture vs. Culture
A fascinating idea to define
Divinity in terms of humanity
-Either by Scriptural songs
Or in scientific norms-
Religions are cultures` repetition,
Veiled in divine sensation
Graciously it shapes and retains
The life`s string,
From Indus to Nile and from Euphrates to Olympus.
For ages it blessed
this savage world
with guidance, morality and compassion
And consolations for horrid temptations.
Scriptures though sacred and sublime
surely Yielded from ancients norms
and from old cultural rhymes.
A highly effected mechanism
That Synchronized and structured
Our dreams and visions,
Rituals around such feelings
Having the power of healing.
Neither hell nor heavens,
Nor mysteries nor surmise, b
Armageddon nor doomsday
But all fancies and scribbles
that fret if play.
Gulsher john's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Redefined relgion and divinity.
Religion is not something that has to be divine....
our culture is a big source of such moral inspiration that sync our life with our ideals.
you are welcome to argue.........
Comments about this poem (Scripture vs. Culture by Gulsher john )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- I'm Glad That Miracle is You (Kyrielle P.., Cynthia BuhainBaello
- My Place, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Portrait of Life (Cinquain), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Anxiety, Aydia Thompson
- Words (Cinquain), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Rocking chair, Emmanuel chibuike
- Riverside (Cinquain), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Demure (Ottava Rima Poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Poetry liberated me, Ananta Madhavan
- Giver of The Pen (Ottava Rima Stanza Poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello