Shubho Poila - Blessed First Day
A coin had two sides.
Autumn and Spring.
Summer and Winter.
I met my own match.
The golden brown leaves
Lit into the lush green of spring.
I coalesced into my self
Like two drops of tears
One single drop of dew
Captured the noon sun in full bloom
The coin stood on its edge
Me, the you in me, and Love.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Shubho - means holy, good, blessed.
Poila Boishakh is the 1st day of the Bangla Annual Calendar.
I don't follow any local calendars.
I now realise the futility of restricting ourselves to celebrate the new year once a year.
The date is a label, irrespective of which is the calendar.
The moment is the only reality.
Comments about this poem (Shubho Poila - Blessed First Day by Hardik Vaidya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- In born, hasmukh amathalal
- Sonnet # 511, Luis Estable
- Point for struggle, hasmukh amathalal
- Good lien, hasmukh amathalal
- Darkness Surrounds, Shalom Freedman
- Sonnet # 510, Luis Estable
- Paryusana…festival on card, hasmukh amathalal
- A Kind Exit, Mae AC.
- Yesterday, ramesh rai
- Shooting Stars, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta