M.D Dinesh Nair
SLEEP, HIS BROTHER AND ME...
I would like to sleep a lot
But 'sleep is the brother of death', Oscar Wild said
And what shall I do?
When I close my eyes to sleep
I hear a buzzing sound from no direction
And sleep plays hide and seek with me.
When the game ends with my win at the end
I enter the chambers of slumber and stars begin to fade
And my dreams have no time to flash on the mind.
What is a beautiful dream? How to see it?
I ask a youngster and he looks skeptical
As he has mistaken me to have seen many dreams!
When the birds begin to leave their nestles
I too wake up to the realities of a day`s hunt
And I see the burning sun smiling at me.
I know one day the brother of sleep will embrace me
And the hide and seek will not precede it
By then my dreams will have been dead for ever.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (SLEEP, HIS BROTHER AND ME... by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- Masibonisane, senzokhaya umhayi
- namhlanje usuku olukhulu, senzokhaya umhayi
- okuhle, senzokhaya umhayi
- babies and dogs, oskar hansen
- God Could be Never Wrong, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Khalani zinyoni vele nizolibusa, senzokhaya umhayi
- Fever power, hasmukh amathalal
- Inside a tomb, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sithandwa sami sokuqala, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ngimbonile ufikile uhambile, senzokhaya umhayi