Spice of Life
Life is beautiful
Yes! its colorful
The value of which unfortunately
is best judged by only a handful!
Ask the value of life to an ill patient
Who is counting his days over a span
Who is nearing death
Who is not able to enjoy life like others can!
Ask the value of life to a person who's blind
Who is craving to see things around
Who is able to feel everything
But not able to enjoy the joy in life that surround!
Ask the value of life to a caged bird or animal
Who is longing to have freedom
To wander freely like other animals
But unable to, due to cruel act of some!
Ask the value of a life to a tree or a plant or a flower
That is soon to get axed or cut
Who has the desire to live
Who can't express its feelings but!
The best judges of life are those
Who are not able to live life though alive
The desire remains unfulfilled
The crave remains within to survive!
Today, we who are able to enjoy the bliss of life
Crib on petty things and make our mind vicious
Ain't we all blessed to be able to Live Life
As every moment of it is so Precious!
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Spice of Life by Kavya ... )
- Picking At Sores, Kyle Schlicher
- Crazy, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- National Festival, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- I Must Make Preparations, Kyle Schlicher
- Aftermath…, LALITHA JOSEPH
- THE FUNERAL RAM, john chizoba vincent
- I Am Tired Before My Time, Kyle Schlicher
- If I Could, Michael McParland
- The Running Wheel Of Love, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Meaningless, timeless...., refilwe ranape
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)