Lying in your arms at night,
Watching your strong and broad chest rise and fall,
My mind strays to that fateful night when your smile had me ensnared,
An honest smile it was stretching all the way to your eyes.
I was not looking to meet you,
Nor looking to meet another,
But the pull of that smile combined with the remarkable strength of you,
Had me pulled towards you like the tide to the shore.
‘Hello’ says I and what would you be called?
You told me your name and without pause or regret,
I asked you to accompany me home to my bed,
Where you still enjoy comfort and passion now...
...Or rather I still take comfort in those strong arms of yours!
Soon we fly over seas and oceans to visit your homeland,
Excitement and nervousness are felt in equal share,
But whatever may come I know your strength will keep me strong.
Tara Nugent's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Strength by Tara Nugent )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Harold Hart Crane
(21 July 1899 – 27 April 1932)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(25 November 1890 – 1 April 1918)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
(1886 - 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Ranga Duniya ne Dkhaya hai Nirala, Kumar Vishwas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Television, Roald Dahl
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Short and Sweet, Brittany Veloso
- PH: Echo: True Love, Brian Johnston
- Snow Blind..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nostalgia, Rimni chakravarty