Dr Hitesh Sheth
Sub Prime Crisis
I asked to the God:
Why America is on a verge of bankruptcy?
Why all are facing a drought of currency?
Do you think anyone should bank on banks?
Which have sunk a people of all class and ranks.
What quake produced a tsunami of sub prime crisis?
Can you explain it to the men, rich in vices?
Which is a better pill, communism or capitalism?
Can you illumine it with a dose of pragmatism.
Son! There is nothing in this world like crises;
These are hidden opportunities in disguises.
One prime lesson still you haven't succeed to learn,
One should never spend more than one earn.
In jungle of finance, if you are led by economists,
Your fortune will be devoured by a debt’s beast.
If you mortgage future joys for a moment's passions,
Holy odyssey will fail to reach a divine station.
In future, I will never take any kind of loans,
So I don’t have to groan in a sea of moans.
Thank you for your advice, oh! Heavenly bard,
Right away I am tearing down damn credit cards.
Now I will share this poem with all my friends,
So they don’t face the crisis till their life ends.
Consider as a merit, an act of forwarding this email,
So like economist, I won’t be tormented in your jail.
Dr Hitesh C Sheth
Dr Hitesh Sheth's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sub Prime Crisis by Dr Hitesh Sheth )
- For you, shall never I be old, Saheb Mohapatra
- Because I love you much, Saheb Mohapatra
- God, it's the man speaking, Saheb Mohapatra
- Zoos, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- How would be my last breathe?, Saheb Mohapatra
- Fall, Frank Avon
- LIMERICK-2 (Saloon day), Saheb Mohapatra
- MOTHER, Saheb Mohapatra
- POETRY, Saheb Mohapatra
- Sea, Land, Shadow, Kazuko Shiraishi
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Snake, Theodore Roethke
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)