The Beast At Night
The night the beast came to pass the viking king
stood his ground.
He did not bend nor did he shake as he down
the ale in his goblet like good king should.
'I will stand strong with my sword in my hand i
will look that beast in the eyes'.
The queen with pride on her face lifted her goblet
with such grace to her viking king.
'I'll mount that beast that beast head above my fire
The hall erupted with such joy the clapping the shout's and
'To night the night this beast will come but he will not put fear
in my kingdom anymore.
maria goodison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Beast At Night by maria goodison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Mother's Glasses, Kate Harrington
- Remember Me, Monica Lanier
- No One, Monica Lanier
- He is a Soldier, yashassvi periwal
- Our Awesome God, Dr John Celes
- Sonnet: Trust in God, Dr John Celes
- Cabaret Dancer, Bijay Kant Dubey
- You Made That Child, Ronell Warren Alman
- I'd rather be, Monica Lanier
- An Art By Heart, Rasel Khan