The Bottom Of The Garden
Down the bottom of the garden
where the children hide and play.
Secrets are kept and all that see them,
shield them with their souls.
The feet go quiet and bums go on seats.
Minds unwind, ready to see
the magic of the fairy's
and their woodland kin.
As fairy's fly and pixies dance
the flower come alive.
Down at the bottom of the garden
where only children are allowed,
is a safe and happy place
where no harm will ever come.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Bottom Of The Garden by maria goodison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Empty Cartridge, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Your Love, abigail sikwenda
- The Missing Feeling, abigail sikwenda
- Lights Off, abigail sikwenda
- Situationships, abigail sikwenda
- Kind leaning, hasmukh amathalal
- I Dreamt About You, abigail sikwenda
- Please Remember, abigail sikwenda
- So near, yet so far..., Musical Ravi
- Shackled by Love, Maheshwer Peri