The Bottom Of The Garden
Down the bottom of the garden
where the children hide and play.
Secrets are kept and all that see them,
shield them with their souls.
The feet go quiet and bums go on seats.
Minds unwind, ready to see
the magic of the fairy's
and their woodland kin.
As fairy's fly and pixies dance
the flower come alive.
Down at the bottom of the garden
where only children are allowed,
is a safe and happy place
where no harm will ever come.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Bottom Of The Garden by maria goodison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Front, Fritz Ward
- Life, George Egba
- And What I Go On Believing, Rites Ghosh
- Prime Truth - 27, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- COPLA SESENTA Y DOS: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Prime Truth - 26, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Mister Bojangles, Jim Yerman
- My Life will get back...., Abhijit Surve
- The Far Away Call, John Ugolo Umah
- Beautifully Broken, Electric Lady