the mountain and me
..so here i am amidst the mountains..
..just the mountains and me..
..for its grandeur like a potent wine..
..flows through every rock, every pebble..
..and through every grain of sand..
..the mountains gaze at me like a king..
..as if to narrate me an ancient epic..
..the epic of the faded kings of this virgin land..
..that stands buried between ancient days and now..
..the clouds drift lazily between earth and heaven..
..searching for perch at the top of the mountains..
..the eagle pierces the sky in the distance..
..breaking the circle of the earth and the skies..
..preying its eyes on a lamb among the flock..
..the shepherd keeps its flock veiled..
..by the threat of its loaded string..
.the river is now happy with summer..
.for it roars and growls..kissing the foothill..
..meandering away from the chaos of this world..
..lashing on ferociously on the weak wooden bridge.
..the powerful winds keep howling..
.the towering trees gyrating..
..as if welcoming the winds..
..the leaves keep rustling and whistling..
..conveying me..the secret message of the mountains..
..the birds are chirping..
..welcoming..this onslaught of summer..
..its so quiet here..
..with no one to speak to..
.just the mountains and me...
..for between us we have forgotten the world..
..and i no longer feel like a human..
..but a hermit living alone in this abode..
.dazzled by nature's ethereal scheme..
.and the fury of its beauty that slaughters.. :) ;)
Rigzin Namgyal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
..Valerie Dohren..dropped 'd' and added 'the'...dropped 'dat' and added 'that'..
Comments about this poem (the mountain and me by Rigzin Namgyal )
- Digging well, gajanan mishra
- The father... dominating figure, hasmukh amathalal
- Fading Love, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Walk Away, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Be Calm and Cool, Aftab Alam
- Saying I Do, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- A SONG FOR YOU, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Quick-Sand, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- this day, sheade rudman
- Love Always, Saturday Chikezie Promise
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)