in your light i learnt how to love
in your beauty how to make poems
you danced inside my chest
where no one saw you
but sometimes I did
and that sight became this art
- Jalaluddin Rumi
..long ago i was free...
..today i m free but chained to your thoughts...
..long ago i was a normal being...
..today i am but slowly going insane...
..long ago i was happy in sunrise of my tomorrows...
..today i am happy but in the yesterday of my happiness...
..long ago i breathed in happiness...
..today i breathe but in the heartbeat of our memories...
..long ago i nurtured a dream..
..today i nurture but the flowers around the tomb of our dreams...
.. long ago i was blinded in love...
...today i am blinded but only by tears...
...long ago i feared i would die if i didn't had ' you '...
...today half of me is dead and ' death ' seems ' inferior '...
...long ago i missed you as a person...
...today i miss that person i ' thought ' u were...
...long ago only sticks, stones and words did hurt...
...today your ' silence ' is tearing me apart...
..long ago you were the light of my life...
..today the light of my life is fading with your light...
...long ago i encountered love, the moment i found your love..
..today love is but just a meaningless ' word '...
..long ago my heart was a prairie teeming with life..
..today it is but a ghost town haunted by your memories...
..long ago you told me a beautiful lie...
..today i am content in all those beautiful lies...
..long ago you were the dancing letters of my page...
...today you are but a beautiful page of my past...
...long ago i sank myself in your jokes and laughter...
..today i am drowning but in the shrieks of your ' silence '...
..long ago i wanted to live forever...
..today i exist but feel cursed with longevity...: (: (
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (long ago by Rigzin Namgyal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Is Adil Jussawalla The Eklavya, Abhimany.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Envy The Rats, Kyle Schlicher
- Thanks for elienating me., Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- Ain't Try'n Deny'n, Steve Kittell
- You is Me, Mapung Madura
- Legendary Nostradamus Prophet, lee fones
- Thomas' Impossible Escape, Susan Wetmore
- Business-like, gajanan mishra
- Why Poetry Is Beautiful, Leong Ming Loong
- Blood Bath, Suresh Dogra