in your light i learnt how to love
in your beauty how to make poems
you danced inside my chest
where no one saw you
but sometimes I did
and that sight became this art
- Jalaluddin Rumi
..long ago i was free...
..today i m free but chained to your thoughts...
..long ago i was a normal being...
..today i am but slowly going insane...
..long ago i was happy in sunrise of my tomorrows...
..today i am happy but in the yesterday of my happiness...
..long ago i breathed in happiness...
..today i breathe but in the heartbeat of our memories...
..long ago i nurtured a dream..
..today i nurture but the flowers around the tomb of our dreams...
.. long ago i was blinded in love...
...today i am blinded but only by tears...
...long ago i feared i would die if i didn't had ' you '...
...today half of me is dead and ' death ' seems ' inferior '...
...long ago i missed you as a person...
...today i miss that person i ' thought ' u were...
...long ago only sticks, stones and words did hurt...
...today your ' silence ' is tearing me apart...
..long ago you were the light of my life...
..today the light of my life is fading with your light...
...long ago i encountered love, the moment i found your love..
..today love is but just a meaningless ' word '...
..long ago my heart was a prairie teeming with life..
..today it is but a ghost town haunted by your memories...
..long ago you told me a beautiful lie...
..today i am content in all those beautiful lies...
..long ago you were the dancing letters of my page...
...today you are but a beautiful page of my past...
...long ago i sank myself in your jokes and laughter...
..today i am drowning but in the shrieks of your ' silence '...
..long ago i wanted to live forever...
..today i exist but feel cursed with longevity...: (: (
Rigzin Namgyal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (long ago by Rigzin Namgyal )
- Angels Sing Their Sweetest Song, Eve Carter
- The Amateur Writer, Leong Ming Loong
- Devotion, Shabeeh Haider
- someone! !, veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- A Picture of Reindeers, Eve Carter
- Agoraphobia, michael walkerjohn
- I've Walked Alone, Eve Carter
- Christmas Gift, Ron Baratono
- Nickolaus, Leong Ming Loong
- सफल होकरSafal hokar, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- They Ask Me for Verses!, Jose Rizal
- Little Abigail and the Beautiful Pony, Sheldon Allan Silverstein
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)