The Song Of Life
Life is a song,
Life is a poem.
Be happy in delirium doom,
Laugh loudly even in gloom.
Life is a sunlight
Life is a cloud,
Hide and seek,
Unbound sailing in the deep.
Life is a sky
- An open mind,
--High and wide,
Profound pleasure even in the uneven glide.
Life is a market,
Some will buy some will sell
Some will lose some will gain.
You may lose today
But tomorrow you may gain
Never permanent are pleasure and pain
If the situations are against or in favour
The will be not be the same forever
How hard is the blow!
How tough is to flow!
Never, never bent or bow.
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Song Of Life by Abdul Wahab )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- To Exist No More, Niealie Petit
- Indian Ocean, Suzy Jay
- Taxidermy, Lawrence Beck
- My life as a small boat, Mark Heathcote
- I wish I was Blind, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Saint Michael, Saiom Shriver
- Reflections on Divorce, Phil Soar
- Mute Swan, Phil Soar
- Back Pockets, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- TENSED ACKNOWLEDEMENT, john chizoba vincent