Why can't they see
what troubles me?
Why don't they understand?
I'm just a boy
with tears of joy.
That's who I really am.
There was a time
I did not mind,
what they thought of me.
I made my plans
and took a stand.
then prayed on bended knee.
Sometimes I cry
I know I 'll die.
I 'll never know just when.
I can't control
what fate may hold,
what happens in the end.
With purpose clear,
I 'll show no fear
and reap the seeds I sow.
I 'll lie my head
upon my bed
in one last final role.
When years have passed;
through looking glass,
then they will understand.
The times of test
are layed to rest
for the boy inside the man.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They by Mahfooz Ali )
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 March 1907 – 11 September 1987)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Clean And Cleanliness, gajanan mishra
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Main neer bhari dukh ki badli, Mahadevi Varma
Poem of the Day
- खता करके, तुम्हारे द्वार पर, हर बार जाता.., Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- Love Letter, Gillu Rahul
- Crystal Clear, Jason Summers
- SONG OF YULETIDE EVE, Sir Toby Moses
- Resolution, Neela Nath
- The Fault In Our Stars, Asma Riaz Khan
- Heaven's Delight, JJ Evendon
- (7) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Two or Three, M.J. Lemon
- A Modern Haiku For Modern Life, M.J. Lemon