Where is my girl with the lisp?
The girl with a twirl in her step
As she skipped at my side?
Her eyes, brilliant blue, glinting
Mischief she tried hard to hide.?
My girl of troublesome love.
Eager to find life's delight
She fought every restriction.
Amber-hair flying free, she
Ran full steam ahead until
One day she really took flight.
Oh my girl of troublesome love.
She danced to a life which became
A distance of darkness where
Love never glimmered to comfort
Her need for affection, but
Riddled with heartche and pain.
My lovely girl troubled with love.
She turned homeward, eyes igniting
Again, but with steely-glint now.
Womanhood punctured, she knew
Somehow to survive, cornered
Not beaten, but still fighting.
This time for untroublesome love.
Fay Slimm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Troublesome Love. by Fay Slimm )
- Ebola! One Last Time, Peter Kimani
- India, Connie Marcum Wong
- A Counter Revolution in Cuba, Deborah Eker
- Pure love, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Man's Hat, Darren David Weaver
- tonight i write you with one sock on, Mandolyn ...
- useless poets, Is It Poetry
- i dropped us and you were glass, Mandolyn ...
- The Typewriter, Patrick van der Loos
- Friday Night For The Writer, Patrick van der Loos
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)