Where is my girl with the lisp?
The girl with a twirl in her step
As she skipped at my side?
Her eyes, brilliant blue, glinting
Mischief she tried hard to hide.?
My girl of troublesome love.
Eager to find life's delight
She fought every restriction.
Amber-hair flying free, she
Ran full steam ahead until
One day she really took flight.
Oh my girl of troublesome love.
She danced to a life which became
A distance of darkness where
Love never glimmered to comfort
Her need for affection, but
Riddled with heartche and pain.
My lovely girl troubled with love.
She turned homeward, eyes igniting
Again, but with steely-glint now.
Womanhood punctured, she knew
Somehow to survive, cornered
Not beaten, but still fighting.
This time for untroublesome love.
Fay Slimm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Troublesome Love. by Fay Slimm )
- Snapshot of a Mass Murderer, Paul Hartal
- Die Frau des Gastwirts, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Las Mariposas (the Butterflies), John F. McCullagh
- Hindsight coloured, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Practise dispassion., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Reichsbank Gold, Paul Hartal
- Ferguson Grand Jury, Is It Poetry
- The lost bliss, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Sonnet: Christmas,2014(Advance Greetings), Dr John Celes
- Thread of Communication, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 March 1941 -)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)