Trumpets of Gold.
Drifts of gleaming bright accost the eye.
Breeze stirs, and each dreamily sighs.
Glowing with gold now, hedgerow and field
Carpeted thus, to Sun-god yield,
Who lights up their stage daily, and saves
His warmth for some yellow Spring play.
Gently he sets them a merry dance.
Daffodil days can't help but entrance.
Trumpeting treasures of golden hue
May your spread seed ever accrue.
Fay Slimm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Trumpets of Gold. by Fay Slimm )
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu