RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Silently aware of an inner domain, weakening strength, empty
Vanquishing myriads of tell-tale images backed upon shores of
ancient lands, qualifyingly adjacent to tunnels of despair.
Reminders of cruelty stand as barriers, unrelenting, stubbornly abusive, just as real events happened to be also.
Running, hiding, falling into cataclysms of unrehearsed desires, totally forgotten in holds of ancient mariner's ships.
Sailing seas of turbulent life, being washed ashore where nature takes over, soothing cuts and bruises of a child-like mind.
A core of redemption rises above inner breaking, softly, silently, repairing fissures caused by the pressure of attempting to grow up.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Turbulent Life by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Fight On, Maurice Harris
- LEARNING about the toxicity of your fart.., RIC S. BASTASA
- the life we still live...., RIC S. BASTASA
- you are neither changed nor diminished, RIC S. BASTASA
- Poetic styles, Somanathan Iyer
- Unknown Cat, Somanathan Iyer
- Around us, Somanathan Iyer
- Don't ask certain people what food you h.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Empty Cartridge, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Your Love, abigail sikwenda