RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Watching the sky grow dark,
catching shadows of tree branches in my mind.
Capturing the essence of evening in a precious memory,
kept divinely out of sight so as not to be destroyed
by another's careless words.
Playing on edges of night with memories and images
conjures up great thoughts, too valuable to let stray
into the cooling atmosphere.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Valuable Thoughts by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Can Love Save The World?, Ronald Chapman
- Brand New Love (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Good-bye Windows XP, Roy Blokker
- Realy enjoying THAT 'last slice' - OF B.., sEaN nOrTh
- Brain Freeze, Ronald Chapman
- Writers block in July, Matthew Holloway
- Birds Flying High, Ronald Chapman
- August 1914, John F. McCullagh
- Between the Lines (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Quiet Pretty Flower, White Lily