We Are Nothing but Jokers
Our justices and leaders,
Are our reflections,
If the people are just,
Justices are honest.
If the people are sincere,
They get great leaders,
When the people honor law,
The law is enforced.
Where people are democratic,
When people love peace,
The peace prevails.
When war hysteria becomes,
A one day cricket match,
War is imposed,
Upon the sick people,
Not aware of consequences.
And they face its evils.
When the people agitate,
And demand something,
Beyond and above,
Constitution and law,
They are destined to cry,
For another decade.
If our leaders are corrupt,
We are also dishonest.
If democracy is a failure,
We are undemocratic.
If judgments are funny,
We are nothing but jokers.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (We Are Nothing but Jokers by Akhtar Jawad )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- When I Die, Luis Estable
- As if I'd Fallen in Its Waves by Sophy.., Sophy Chen
- It Pushes It Out, Luis Estable
- Vatsyayana, You Had No Book To Write, Bu.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blood Is Never Water, Luis Estable
- I Have Known It Well, Luis Estable
- मुसाफिर हूँ, तेरे दिल में बसेरा मांगता हूँ, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- Meeting Robert Frost and Joyce Kilmer, Merton Lee
- From Virgin To Woman, Luis Estable
- Catch it without sigh, Aftab Alam