When I Was A Kid
When I was a kid, I loved to play with stones.
The white marble ones? Held them one each,
In my little fists, and banged them,
To see the sparks streak out, my stars made on earth.
When I was a kid, I loved to play with stones,
The flat clay ones? Held then at an angle,
Flung them like Orion,
They skipped across the lake, Flying fishes I made.
When I was a kid, I loved to play with fire flies,
Uncle Steve used to trap them for me,
After good nights, my bedroom was filled with the jewels of the sky.
Now they are all in me,
I spark, I ignite, I fly and I shine.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When I Was A Kid by Hardik Vaidya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Lost Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Abortion (cry of a foetus), ramesh rai
- Feel me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Let me start afresh, gajanan mishra
- selfie, ko the skipper
- In Search Of Americans, Joe Sadeghloo
- Write down everything, gajanan mishra
- Leap in time, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Soul Is A Traceless Wound, mary douglas
- A Pink Chalk Moon Rising Behind A Blue H.., mary douglas