Who will weed my garden
After I am gone?
Who will write my poetry
And sing my sad, sad songs:
The bulbs that I have planted,
The blazing purples and the reds
Will be crowded out by green weeds
Strangled in their beds;
Gone will be the glory
The tale of all that I have done;
Oh who will feed my wife,
Be a father to my sons?
David McLansky's Other Poems
- En Route: La Charite Sur Loire (For Chr... -new-
- In Praise of Older Women
- Irish Protest
- Le Retour -new-
- Night Ledger -new-
- Old Eskimo Afloat
- Riff on Laurel's Autumn Anniversary
- Riff on PJ's Riff on Jsyn's Poem -new-
- Riff on Princess Julie
- Said The Gypsy To The Shepherd Maid (Pa...
- Soul Mates
- Stalking The Wild Giraffe
- The Power Elite
- To your words I add wtih zest
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.