You Deserve Better
My friend, you deserve better.
You need to write this John a good bye letter.
Don’t you dare let that man bring you down!
You deserve to be treated like a Queen wearing a crown.
You owe him nothing, you’re not a debtor.
You were marvelously and wonderfully made by our Creator.
You need to walk away from him before your health gets run down.
This man has been wearing a mask like a clown.
He’s pretending to love you, while loving on another.
Girl, if only you could run back home to your mother.
I’m sure she would tell you to write that man a scarlet letter.
He doesn’t deserve you.
I wish I could say something to make you stop feeling so blue.
But I’ve said it, and I’ve given you a clue.
It’s not too late to turn your life around.
Before you have a breakdown,
Your friends are here for you.
God is here for you to start your life over, like new.
You have people that will see you through.
We will pray until we reach a breakthrough.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (You Deserve Better by Patricia Kelley )
- Loves silent vigil, Erato
- I Miss You., sanjay Pathak
- I am Sorry., sanjay Pathak
- Dunderheaded Love Stories (Adwoa Xanthe), Dexsta Ray
- an unpassionate night, lee fones
- Mobocracy, Aftab Alam
- WHAT IS TO BE A MAN?, Ali Faisal
- NIRVANA, Thor Fabian Pettersen
- Transformation, Aftab Alam
- unrehearsed walk, lee fones
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)