You Deserve Better
My friend, you deserve better.
You need to write this John a good bye letter.
Don’t you dare let that man bring you down!
You deserve to be treated like a Queen wearing a crown.
You owe him nothing, you’re not a debtor.
You were marvelously and wonderfully made by our Creator.
You need to walk away from him before your health gets run down.
This man has been wearing a mask like a clown.
He’s pretending to love you, while loving on another.
Girl, if only you could run back home to your mother.
I’m sure she would tell you to write that man a scarlet letter.
He doesn’t deserve you.
I wish I could say something to make you stop feeling so blue.
But I’ve said it, and I’ve given you a clue.
It’s not too late to turn your life around.
Before you have a breakdown,
Your friends are here for you.
God is here for you to start your life over, like new.
You have people that will see you through.
We will pray until we reach a breakthrough.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (You Deserve Better by Patricia Kelley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- INCONSTANT LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HAIKU...The Good Die Young, Ken e Hall
- I Know, Lyn Paul
- Those Who Know, Monk E. Biz
- peaches on the side, Mandolyn ...
- i could have made s'mores, Mandolyn ...
- Song: State of Fear, Dave SmithWhite
- there's an element in the room, Mandolyn ...
- Goodbye 2014, Michael McParland
- Holding Moments In Cupped Hands, RoseAnn V. Shawiak