Your Perfect Mum
It takes a Mother's love
to make a house a home,
A place to be remembered,
no matter where we roam.
It takes a Mother's patience,
to bring a child up right,
And her Courage and her
to make a dark day bright.
It take a Mother's
to mend the heart's ''hurts, ''
And her Skills and her endurance
to mend little socks and shirts.
It take a Mother's Kindness
to forgive us when we err,
To sympathize in trouble
and bow her head in prayer.
It takes a Mother's Wisdow
to recognize our needs,
and to give us reassurance
by her loving words and deeds.
It takes a Mother's Endless love,
her Confidence, her trust,
To guide us through life's pitfalls, of selfishess and lust.
It takes a Mothers heart, to help us when we fall,
To brush the dirt off our knees, so we can stand up tall.
And that is why in all this world there couldn't be another,
And I thank god everyday that my kids have you, as their MOTHER!
Carl Browne's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Your Perfect Mum by Carl Browne )
- 雨Rain, qin xing
- Kamikaze Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- 难道你真是一片云（ Don't you is really a cloud? ）, qin xing
- Assuring Voice, Somanathan Iyer
- Synchronization, SALINI NAIR
- Best World, Kolade Seun
- For you, rest in peace, Cigeng Zhang
- Moon Beams, Yohan Confectioner
- Falling Through, Claudia Scott
- City Of Angels, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns