A Smile is a Wonderful Gift
A smile costs nothing,
But is an easy way to show loving,
A beautiful handout,
To take away doubt.
A smile opens eyes,
To star studded skies,
Lighting up the dark,
With heavenly sparks.
A smile is the butterfly,
A friend nearby,
Bringing colour to the day,
That before appeared grey.
A smile is sunlight,
To warm the night,
Melt frost from a heart,
And allow a new start.
A smile is the map,
To bridge the gap,
Between two friends,
And make amends.
A smile is a crashing wave,
Proof that you forgave,
Washing worry away,
To make all seem okay.
A smile can release a soul,
To make someone whole,
An easy way to build,
And feel fulfilled.
Let your smile grow,
Feel it's joyful flow,
Just make sure you find,
A smile that's truly kind.
So please give a smile,
You'll find it so worthwhile.
Say, "Here's one on the house,
You're a wonderful spouse."
Stephen Katona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Smile is a Wonderful Gift by Stephen Katona )
- Fall Leaves, Leonard Dabydeen
- Rinsed Clean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Creating Photos, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If I Should Die Some Tuesday..., Frank Avon
- Transformed womaniser, Kwalo Voro
- Gathering Broken Glasses By I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Filling Self, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Am Too Old Not To Be Humble, Shalom Freedman
- Riding Through Edges, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Corset, Melikhaya Zagagana
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 1861, Walt Whitman
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)