- This site is offered for informational purposes only: we are not responsible or liable for the accuracy, errors, availability, or omissions of any information made available.
- Any dispute or claim relating in any way to your use of our products or services will be resolved in binding arbitration by the American Arbitration Association, rather than in court.
- We have site rules, and if you don't follow them, you may be blocked from using the site. Some of these (like harassment) are vague and up to moderator discretion. We make no promises of enforcement or fairness.
- Users under the age of 18 should get permission from a parent and have discussed with them how to stay safe online.
- You remain the copyright owner of content you share with us and are free to publish it elsewhere. All content written in the USA, UK, and many other places is automatically copy-written upon creation.
- To post your poems and stories on the site, you grant us a royalty-free right to publish, share, and transmit this content through website, emails, and other non-print, non-ebook mediums. Your profile settings has options to restrict email sharing if desired. These permissions can only be revoked by deleting the content.
- For content that is not poems or stories, you give us permanent irrevocable royalty-free right to publish, share, transmit, and edit your content and images, through our website, emails, or other mediums. We usually provide you with a means of editing or deleting content.
Services & Content
- We are careful with data, but the possibility exists that content could be lost. We are not responsible for lost content of any kind. You can backup and "take your data with you" using the export link on your profile page.
- This website contains adult content. We encourage our users to categorize adult content 'adult', but we do not review content and are not liable for what people may see. Children under 13 should have adult supervision at all times.
- Some print publishers require "first publishing rights" - sometimes web publishing counts, sometimes it does not. Account settings have options to limit public access, but we are not liable for issues related to your work being accessible to the public.
- Your username and content will be seen by search engines. Your account settings include an option to "only allow registered members to view your poems", but profile pages (without poems) are always visible. If you change options or delete content, search engines can take weeks to remove content.
- By posting content or images, you assert that you are the copyright owner, or have permission from the copyright owner.
- We welcome suggestions. If you choose to share a suggestion we may use it as we wish, without any payment or credit.
- if you own copyright to information posted on this site and want it removed or edited, please contact us.
- We record information about where you visit from, which pages you visit, your email and password. This information is private, though site moderators have access. Other profile information you optionally enter is public. We do not sell this raw information to 3rd parties.
- We may sell or trade uniquely identifying codes that do not reveal data. These can be matched with codes from other websites you visit, for example in the advertising technique that shows ads based on other websites you visit.
- Messages on the site can be hidden but are only fully removed from our servers after 13 months. If a complaint by another member is made, messages can be read by AnnD or Kevin.
- Cookies are used to keep you logged in from page to page. We use third party cookies for analytics and advertising.
- Our server is kept in a secured environment and with a reasonable level of digital security. It's not likely but breaches can occur and hackers could get access to any information you've given us. We'll notify you within 3 weeks if any such breach is detected. We do not record credit card numbers, our bank processor (Stripe) stores them for us.
- If you choose to delete your account, it can be restored for 1 month. Our poets frequently change their mind, but you can contact us to skip the delay. Comments remain, without your name and profile image - contact us if you need an exception. Site backups may remain for 1 year.
Thanks for being a member, we appreciate you!