Information Collection and Use
When you register and use the site, we collect information to customize the content, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, provide anonymous reporting, and show advertising. We collect:
- email address
- subscription history or other purchases
- various personalization choices
Google Analytics collects your ip address and what pages you request to generate statistics about how many people are using our site. This data is automatically removed after 26 months.
Removing your data
- Your poems or comments can be deleted by you by clicking the pencil icon or 'edit' next to them, then 'delete' on the following page.
- You can delete your account by clicking the gear icon in the top right and choosing 'edit settings' and scrolling to the bottom of the page.
- 30 days after your account is deleted, we remove all your data from our main database. System-wide backups exist for an additional 1-3 months and then are destroyed.
- If you need your data removed sooner than the 30 day default, contact us after deleting your account.
- If you're worried or upset about something, please contact us before deleting your account - we're here to help.
Your email address
- Is a required part of your registration
- We may use your email address to contact you infrequently or in emergencies
- We will never sell or give it to any third-party companies.
Sharing with other members
- As a part of your user profile, the biography field is entered by you and can be seen by any visitor to the site we provide the ability to disclose an email address, instant messenger alias, and other communication methods.
- Any logged in member, legitimate or otherwise, has the ability to see this.
- It is not our responsibility if they misuse such information.
- We will never sell this information to third-party companies
- We require that any children under the age of 13 talk to a parent or guardian before completing registration. Children should always ask their parents before submitting their email address or other information about themselves.
- We may choose to display targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the target criteria - for example, women ages 30-40 from a particular geographic area. Most of our ads are not targeted.
- We do not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- Many people are unsure what cookies are and are unfamiliar with them.
- All the cookie stores is that your username is 'blah', and an encrypted copy of your password.
- We allow third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit our web site. These companies may utilize cookies, pixels or other technologies to collect and use both personally identifiable information (e.g., your name, phone number, physical or electronic address) and non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit the websites of the Digital Advertising Alliance at www.aboutads.info or Networking Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org/choices."
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees or volunteers who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. This is as few people as reasonably possible, and such activity is logged for verification by others..
- We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- Always use caution when giving out any personally identifiable information about yourself or your children in any online communication.
We're concerned about your privacy
If you have a question about your privacy, please contact us and we'll try to clarify it for you!