Tomás Ó Cárthaigh
A Day Like Today - Poem by Tomás Ó Cárthaigh
A day like today is many things to many men,
Some cant wait for tomorrow, some dont want to see again,
For some good and some bad, some by paths they did not choose,
Some carved from themselves whether they win or they lose.
God above is our guide, but we realise not he is near,
Because we do not listen, his voice we cannot hear,
God talks in a whisper, lost in a crowd,
If we refuse to listen: why should he shout loud?
Comments about A Day Like Today by Tomás Ó Cárthaigh
Edgar Allan Poe
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl