A Friend Goes Into Hiding - Poem by Champaben Mistry
From whence this pain came,
This I know not.
In the joyful moment,
My sadness finds me, where my friend was, and is no more.
I see the significance of true friendship,
The grace of a new note.
A new music finds me once more.
An old song, a dull sound now,
And as I allow and embrace,
The sadness departs,
To, from whence it came.
I find a glory of me.
As a brave as a knight in the dark,
I ride into my night.
My heart alight with the flame of love,
As I ride to a home,
That is this, that I call my home.
(Bolton, Monday 8 October 2007)
Comments about A Friend Goes Into Hiding by Champaben Mistry
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl