A Love That Was Broken - Poem by Shelby Lanier
My heart is broken
Cause’ I’ve lost you once again,
I’ve let you slip away
Without my heart left to mend.
I miss you so much
And I think of you all the time,
With every breath that I have
I wish that you would be mine.
I don’t know what to do
And this pain never seems to end,
You’re in love with someone else
Before I could speak to you again!
Was your love really there?
Or was I just for the side?
I hate that you didn’t feel the same,
And your love I could ever find
I lay awake at night
Wondering where i went wrong,
How did I push you away?
Or did we really belong?
Comments about A Love That Was Broken by Shelby Lanier
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl