Heather Marie Mortimer
After The End - Poem by Heather Marie Mortimer
Each beat of my heart screams love and loathing
Tho know it I, this is Heartbreak's clothing.
Be calm, my Heart! T'is unbearable, this pain
Each contraction echoes what I have lost to gain.
Do not be empty, my Heart! You hold all my all
Was it Fate that caused my fate to fall?
T'was my thoughts which broke my heart in pieces
And these thoughts possess no thought that eases.
Irrational Heart! What is it you seek?
The strength of your pounding has left you so weak!
I drown in the waves, I break in my breath
I pray this is not my heart and soul's death.
Comments about After The End by Heather Marie Mortimer
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl