Clouds - Poem by Prayag Saikia
(On a painting by Pranab Barua)
With the descent of clouds upon the foothills
The heart trickles
Down the expanse of a canvas.
Voicelessly, the painting speaks of issues
Tinged with the colours of feelings.
At a fickle pace time lurches ahead.
No sound of footsteps -
I fondle the clouds tenderly.
A spotted bird pulls down
The veil of the hills.
The colours sound
(Translated by Krishna Dulal Baruah)
Comments about Clouds by Prayag Saikia
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl