Heather Marie Mortimer
Cloudy Days And Starry Nights - Poem by Heather Marie Mortimer
When love is lost, and Hell is too,
And the breath of change comes back from where it blew
Here in these moments do I believe in fate,
And love and war, and peace and hate.
To love and loathe with Calypso's heart,
And to make a Heaven of every part,
With the same pen signing warrants of life and death
To renew my soul in every single breath.
I circle 'round the universe
To find my voice inside my verse,
I do not see my dark blessings as a curse
When to love this light is far far worse.
And all of this makes me shine so bright
Both on cloudy days and starry nights.
Comments about Cloudy Days And Starry Nights by Heather Marie Mortimer
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl