December Souvenir - Poem by Mandy Baldwin
I was sitting by the water
When they told me it was ending
And the estuary birds flew over - crying, always crying, as I did then.
Then I knew that hope was gone
But the peace, and the icy water saved me.
Then I found some words from you
And I told you how it was
And the estuary birds flew over - crying, always crying,
as I did then.
Then it seemed that you were hope
And your words, and your love, saved me.
I am sitting by the water
Thinking of that bleak December
And the estuary birds fly over - crying, always crying,
As I was then.
Now, both hope and you have gone, but still
The peace, and the icy water save me.
Comments about December Souvenir by Mandy Baldwin
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda