Juan Ponce de León
Deus Nobiscum - If God Is With Us - Poem by Juan Ponce de León
Deo duce, ferro comitante
Duas tantum res anxius optat, panem et circenses.
Bellum se ipsum alet
If god is with us.
With God as my leader and my sword as my companion
Who can be against us?
Two things only do the people earnestly desire, bread and the circus
The war feeds itself
© Juan Ponce de León
Comments about Deus Nobiscum - If God Is With Us by Juan Ponce de León
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl