Don`t Join The Army! - Poem by Leslie Philibert
Don`t want to go to a strange land and have my ding dong shot off by
a nutter with a towel wrapped round his head who sits in the back of
a Toyota pickup; don`t want to look like a billard ball with a body
who runs about and sings nowmybrainisdownthedrain.Hate to listen to
national anthems which sound as if they are composed by Arnold Schoenberg
and played by Miles Davis on speed; hate being told what to think and
who is right or wrong.And I really don`t need a name like Captain
So to all politicians and generals...
Stuff your flag up the Khyber Pass, stop playing God and go home and read
Robert Browning in the garden - you`ll feel better too.
Comments about Don`t Join The Army! by Leslie Philibert
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda