For Me - Poem by Niko Tiliopoulos
Is this the requiem of the soul,
or the prelude of a new life?
The echo of the pixies
on the wet, death-coloured leaves of autumn,
or the whisper of God to the wind
as he’s making love to earth?
The world around me is baptised
in a soft contrast
and shadow looks brighter,
and light looks dimmer.
What is it that transforms me hypnotically?
I am changing, performing pirouettes,
and love is sketching psychedelic comics
on the film of my psyche.
She is tuning my heart in minor scales,
using as basic notes
When will I see myself in the mirror?
Naked and beautiful,
like Adam, before he got an apple-belly…
And she is playing with me,
like a stroke of green
on the back of pink panther.
Comments about For Me by Niko Tiliopoulos
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda