God Gave Man Intellect - Poem by Nabakanta Barua
God gave man intellect.
He could go insane with it.
His heart full of blood
could not be trustful.
With speech he could
cunningly hide the truth.
The only truth left to man,
in his weary hands in the evening,
is his working woman sweating
in her hands, and the smile of his child.
Comments about God Gave Man Intellect by Nabakanta Barua
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl