I Want To Paint - Poem by Indigo Hawkins
I want my soul to sing
Like its been bursting too; I want to display passion
With a pulsing red, and color it with conflict
By adding a jolt of lurid green.
I want to capture on a canvas
Effervescent joy, and convey the cadence of a melody
In the long look of the eye.
I want to be able to breathe the freshness of the air
When I see the azure strokes, to hear the wind
As it rustles clothes in a time swept moment.
I want to be surprised and I want to be
by remembrance and by
Comments about I Want To Paint by Indigo Hawkins
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl