I Was Raised - Poem by nyna bankard
I was raised with structure
I was raised with pride
Though the structure may not have been proper
I was raised to survive.
I was raised with tough love
I was raised to earn my keep
Though tough love may have worked
I was raised with troubles deep.
I was raised with bad habits
I was raised through struggle
Though bad habits can be broken
The change can be quite unsubtle.
I was raised with strong beliefs
I was raised to accept my faults
Though my beliefs might be distorted
I was raised by 'His' default.
Comments about I Was Raised by nyna bankard
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda